Renault Megane 2005 Crank but don't start!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Pleaaasee i needd helpp! I have Renault Megane 2005 , 1.6. Sometimes the car start normally from the first time. Sometimes it does not start even if i try several times, sometimes the car start after trying more than 2 times. Sometimes the car cranks longer than usual and start. Sometimes the car just start normally and work for a week without problems . I am living this problem for more than 3 years. Every time i go somewhere i am afraid since i don't rely anymore on my car. I took the car to many mechanic each one said something. i have changed sensors, fuel pomp, they also changed electrical fuses...
Does the cam belt if not changed from long time can cause such problems. (155 000km and timing belt changed 1 time)
Can anyone help me please! What should i do? :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sponsored Links
Clean or change the TDI sensor may be a start.

Hello,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write for me. What is the TDI sensor? Is it the same (TDC sensor). Where is it located and how can i clean it?

Thank you

yes thats the one.

try the Renault Forums for further info.

But it may be that the sensor has got iron filings around it, cleaning it or replacing (Circa £20) can often fix this problem.

Although it could be one of many problems causing this, the senor is the easiest/first option to try, however I'm sure that one of the mechanics ought to have checked that.

It can usually be found on the side of the engine, opposite end to the cam belt.

Sponsored Links
Back