renault megane bulb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, Renault Megane 1600 yr 53.. front l/h side front headlight bulb needs replacing, there is a cap under the wheel arch when taking it off to try and access the bulb there only seems enough room for a hand to reach it :rolleyes: and when doing that i cant see what im doing. there probably is another way. by taking off the wheel to see it but surely not :!: any ideas please

Sponsored Links
Headlight has probably only got a couple of bolts holding it in............... may be the quickest way!

The cap under the wheel arch gives you just enough room for the indicator bulb, if your hands are small enough you can change the headlight bulb from under the bonnet, if not then remove the front bumper, remove the headlight and change bulb. The front bumper isn't that difficult to get off.

poshman said:
by taking off the wheel to see it but surely not :!: any ideas please

I kow some one who has one of them, same prob, took it in under waranty, waited, waited, looked, front wheel off, and something else off, and something else off, so he asked why, they said , sorry thats how its done mate.

sorry i forgot what else they took off

Sponsored Links
Hello mate.

These are a mare! The inspection covers in the wheel arch are supposed to be enough to do the job, but I've tried very hard to do the indicators and still failed. The bumper and headlight will prob need to be taken off to do it.

If you have any other questions, have a look over at www.meganesport.net, we're a friendly bunch over there, even though the majority of posters seem to be 225 owners!

As everyone knows these are a pain to change The easiest way is to remove the wheel then unbolt the inner wing plastic moulding just held on by two small self tapper bolts and three plastic serrated clips This makes access better than through the inspection panel, the most common problem appears the be the connections on the bulb holder clean them and pull them out a little or maybe just tighten the holder. It’s still not easy but is possible

Back