Renault Modus 10a fuse keeps blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Renault Modus 1.5dci. The 10a fuse which controls the interior lights keeps blowing (This fuse is also for the electric mirrors and also the cruise control).

I have disconnected all of these things and connected them all back up 1 by 1 and it works for a day and then blows. Because the fuse does not blow immediatley I am struggling to identify which item is causing the fuse to blow.

Can somebody please help me identify which item is causing the fuse to blow? What technique is used by mechanics to narrow down the offending part?

Thank You in advance.

Sponsored Links
First of all check the wiring loom for chaffing/rubbing against something, if you can't find anything. run your car each day with 2 of them disconnected in turn
this should highlight the offending wiring. also check at the rear of the fuse block for arcing etc.

Thank You I will look in the morning making sure that none of the wiring is touching metal. I will also make sure that rubber grommets are all in the right place.

I will start around the brake and clutch pedals as I have a feeling that area could be a common place wiring could touch metal.

Sponsored Links
A 10 amp fuse is one hell of a size for just interior lamps....
The thing is, don't use the electric mirror adjustment or the cruise control -and neither of these is likely to be the culprit anyway.
The interior lamps are controlled by the door lock mechanism so the fault is likely to lie in the wires that connect the bodyshell to the drivers door. Check that area for any visible damage.
John :)

Back