Renault Scenic battery question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After eleven years, the battery in our old W-reg Scenic is showing its age (sluggish starting in the morning) so I guess it's time for a new one. :( :( :( Now here's the puzzle. The old battery seems to be clamped by way of a flange protruding from its base. :confused: :confused: :confused: Is this a standard way of fixing batteries (so that I'll be able to get one almost anywhere) or is it a Renault special? :evil: :evil: :evil:

The car is a 1.6 litre petrol model. The handbook says that the battery is sealed and requires no maintenance but, just to make sure, I've popped the caps off and all the plates are covered. The connections look good too. All it says on the top is Renault 7700758344 12V 50A.hr.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
I think you will find most batteries have this clamping method. 11 years is an exceptional life for a battery, quite amazing that the electrolyte is still in evidence - I should change it while it still works!

As per Peter's advice above.....check you have the radio code unless you intend to use a power saver while the battery is off.
Maintenance free batteries actually condense the moisture laden gas that the battery gives off when its charging, and allow any condensate to flow back into the cell. Works, too!
John :)

Sponsored Links
All sorted now. Got a new battery supplied and fitted for half the price of the official Renault one. :D :D :D I'd like to tell you where but that would be advertising. :( :( :( Thanks for the replies. :) :) :)

Back