Render or Wallcoat on a Cottage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me some advice, I have a cottage, the render is blown in many places. I have had a quote from a wallcoat company, stuff that lasts 15 years and does not need painting. I believe the compnay is reputable as i have checked their accounts etc.
They tell me that any large cracks will be made good using a resin and then the wallcoat applied. Has anyone any experiance of this type of application. Or should i go for a traditional render. The quote was £11,000 from wallcoat, and £15,000 for traditional.

Sponsored Links
I was working on a house about 18 months ago (plastering interior) and the next door neighbour had something like this done.

Now you have to take into consideration that their property was brick and not stone (assuming yours is stone with being a cottage) and i have to say they made a bwoody awesome job of it.

they even did a little trick stone slip edging up the corners to give it detail and it realy does look the dogs dangly bits. i pass it a couple of times a week and it still looks as good as when they first did it.

The stuff they had was not tyrolene but a render coat applied first then the finish to give the final result. i didnt see how the final finish was achieved but it has a nice texture.

STooooooooooP.
£15k, that sound steep
What do you want as a finish.
Stones, bricks, quoins, lintels...... Lime based, breathable, hard as rock.
can't tell you, not allowed but find my mate kkhhoona on the 'you
tube' nuff said.............................. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I agree this does seem expensive - i work for a epoxy coating/repairs manufacturer if you let me know the dimensions or estimate sq.m i can tell you what you should be paying.
Also make sure the product has BBA approval also what does the 15 year warranty cover (should be for water tightness)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back