Never paint Again exteria wall covering advice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a house where the outside brickwork is covered with a “Never Paint Again” wall coating. I have a 15 year guarantee from 2004 but the company has since gone into liquidation. I have contacted a few companies who still work with this product but they are unwilling to offer repairs – they just want to offer a full removal and reapplication. There are just a few areas that require repairing or patching up. I just wanted advice from anyone out there with experience with this product.

The website (************************) describes the application process:

We hand-apply a bonded resin cement slurry (on Brick and pebbledash) to even any imperfections
We apply a special weather resistant and waterproof primer to the walls, by hand.
We then spray apply NEVER PAINT AGAIN wall coating paint to the walls.

I have cans of the waterproof primer and wall coating paint.

I wondered if someone out there could provide some advice or is it just a matter of me:

- Removing the area needing repair – including old render
- Should I treat the brickwork?
- Apply a pebble render – I need advice in what to use and mix for this.
- What is the weather resistant resin ? I have the primer.
- The wall coating paint I have but not the special spray gun – can I simply paint it on?

Any advice appreciated.

Further info:

I did receive some contact from NPA via email but have been able to make contact (although I sent an email & asked to be marked as a friend so I could reply formally on this website). So just incase NPA can only view direct in this site I have now posted my reply to their email:

Thanks for the reply. I cannot appear to reply on the webs site - I have asked you to be my friend!

The letter I have has exactly the same letterhead as yours - it is from Never Paint Again (UK) Ltd, Unit 2, Windrush, Wembury, Devon. It seems to refer to the London and Southwestern Wallcoatings Limited. I have spoken to someone from your company and emailed a number of times, but as you say a complete replacement is all you are able to do, and you said this company were now bust and you could not honour the 15 year guarantee. I have, If you want me to email you, all my documents and if you feel you can help, then that would be great If not, can you advise me how I can repair the flaking areas or where the product is clearly coming away from the walls. I cannot afford a complete re-application so any DIY advice (and it must be possible) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back