Render repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am attempting to repair render on my bungalow. I have repaired a crack under a window but I cannot get the texture right. I need to repair the side of the house so would value any advice before I start on how best to patch it and how to make my repair look better.

Attachments

• IMG_1578.JPG
    IMG_1578.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1580.JPG
    IMG_1580.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 160
Sponsored Links
If you've just repaired the crack, then it's going to come back I'mafraid, so I wouldn't go much further for the moment. Somethings gone wrong under the cracked render, and it's dropping away, so this need taking off, correct the problem underneath, and then reapply the render. It's possible that the front has been painted with textured masonary paint, and then been painted a couple more times after that to give the build up, and may well mean that it needs scraping off, and the wall being re-rendered to get a good match, so how big is the renderd area, and how much are you prepared to try and get a good finish.

New window?
Install a bellcast bead above the window after you have removed all the loose stuff.
Give it a scratchcoat of render and a finishing coat when it dries.
looks a bit like tyrolean...might be wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back