rendering cracks

5 Jan 2021
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I have a rendered wall and the previous owner has tried to repair cracks in the render but didn't quite get the texture right so the repairs stand out like a sore thumb. The render has an orange-peel rough-ish texture but the repair is smooth (see photo).

I'm wanting to paint over the crack again but want to get the texture to be the same as the rest of the wall - is it the type of paint I use or the roller that creates the desired texture on the wall?

I'm thinking of using either Bedec extra-flex elastomeric masonry paint or Johnstone's Stormshield Textured Masonry paint. Which one (if any) would give me the texture? I think I'd need a roller with a long nap?

Hope people can help - thanks in advance.


  • rendering.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 103
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local