Rendered retaining wall down lights.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I’m building a small retaining wall (yes still building it ) and am now thinking about lighting. The blocks are up and I’m shortly sorting the patio subbase out when the weather gets a bit warmer. I’d like to put some lights at 3 locations along the front of the wall (see diagram) and ideally looking for lights that are flush with the render. I have seen some but they are deep. I’ve used 140mm concrete blocks so limited on the depth of the lights. Can anyone recommend some lights that might be suitable or something alternative and how to install/ route cables etc. I will be getting an electrician in but just need some advice on the best way to install.

Many thanks,

Ed
1CEECA1E-787E-4E28-9EA5-2D5D71EE7A19.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Probably shoud have done the lowest course in blocks on their sides, rule of thumb for retaining walls is the width of the base of the wall should be approx. 1/3 of the height.

A block of that will be below ground level. Just haven’t shown the finished level infront of the wall. I used rebar at regular intervals around the wall too. But yeah could have done, would make electrics a bit easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back