Rendering a garage - Are we talking hundreds or thousands?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very ugly, but serviceable breeze block garage at the end of my garden, (Northampton). I would like to have it rendered, or similar.

I am well aware of the pitfalls of asking for a quote on a board like this, so I want to make it clear that that is NOT what I'm asking.

But, before I waste everyones time in getting genuine quotes I would just like to know if this is the sort of project I'm likely to afford / save up for / forget entirely.

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
The cost will depend on the m2, the finish required and things like access etc. Provided your garage dimensions are within the realms of nomality and you don't go getting quotes from nationwide companies, you shouldn't be horrifed at the cost.

its just standard singe garage size. Big door at the front, window and little door at the side. I'd like it to be paintable if possible.

I would have thought you are talking about two days work for a tradesman plus a labourer for two coats floated out smooth.

Material cost will be small, I would have though a tonne of sand plus several bags of concrete would leave you with sand left over.

Sponsored Links
probably lookin 700 ish obviously depends on the job
fining down is more time consuming
dashing may be the way to go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back