rendering over overhead electric cables

He isnt interested. My power would go and I have a child who is diabetic so we have to keep insulin etc.

Sponsored Links
And what is the view of cables buried in render that have have metal shrouding over them, still just as dangerous?
Logically speaking, I would have guessed so - so long as builders and DIYers have grinders, SDS drills and big hammers and chisels :)
While neither method is permitted, covering in metal, I would say, is even more dangerous.
Hmm.

I had assumed that although rendered over, the capped cables were still "visible", i.e. the hump(s) of the metal covers were still plainly visible, just rendered over. Sort of like painted with very thick Sandtex.

Not sure why.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I was wondering about rendering over overhead cables. The cables on my house run from my neighbours property along a wall. My cables have a metal shrouding over them then render.
Some photos would be interesting.

Are you saying that the overhead supply runs to your neighbour's house, and where it reaches the wall it splits, and then "your" cables and "his" cables run along the outside of the wall of his house?

And "yours" have some kind of metal capping, and then render? Did you render over them? Were they like that when you bought the place?

My neighbour has recently covered his but he has rendered straight to the cable. Is this legal and will it be ok or cause problems?
How/why did he render over "his" and not "yours"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back