Rendering over TV cables?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im about to render my house (scratch and dash finish coat) ad was wondering about my sky tv cables, can i render over them or will it just crack the render and come loose in time.

Are there any other good ideas?

Sponsored Links
bad practice! you will see the cable track and fixings beneath the new render.

best to loosten the fixings and coat under the cables then refix to wall when the new coating has set.

its a really rubbishy job people who render round and over temporary fixtures ie outside lights, door number plates, telephone and cable junction boxes. and the worst offender of the lot is the culprits who render up to rainwater pipes instead of removing them and refitting.
best to have a blank canvas.

I don't think i would render over them for obvious reasons,, it might cause cracking,, or you might want to move the cable. Is there no way you could get someone to remove/disconnect the cable,, enough so you could do the job,, and then clip them back neatly to the finished wall dash. That would be my choice.

Roughcaster

Sponsored Links
yeh i can remove them myself i have the scaffold up. I just thought there might be some new modern way of hiding them so they look neat. not a problem tough if they are on the outside, i'll just unclip and repin, cheers guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back