Rendering timber framed water fountain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
6 years ago, I build an above ground water fountain and raised planter. The water fountain is essentially a pong, with a blade waterfall in it:

MVIMG_20190725_145134.jpg

It's constructed with timber, and cemented into the ground. However over the years, it's never really been dry and it's just a mess. Lots of the cladding needs replacing.

My idea is to rip the cladding off, cover the sides with some hardy backer board and then render it with K Rend. Use some split tiles for behind the waterfall and then put some thick tile or wall topper around the top edges to finish it off.

Can anyone forsee any issues with this?

Sponsored Links
its worked so far because it can breath as in the water can escape from the inside out
wood expands and contracts render doesnt or at least not to the same extent

I use cement board in customers bathrooms so I can’t see the issue with your application plus you can skim
Directly on top of it … I usually use plasterboard discs to hold the boards on which I’d also recommend you use for this .
I would use some end /corner bead on the edges
Jake

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back