Renewing Bathroom Downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 - 240v downlights in Zone 3 and 3 - 12v downlights in Zone 3.

I now want to renew these 5 lamps, so all being the same size and 240v GU daylight bulbs.

Is there any issues in using IP65 lamps in Zone 1

thanks

Sponsored Links
I have 2 - 240v downlights in Zone 3 and 3 - 12v downlights in Zone 3.
Did you mean to say the 12V lights are in zone 1?

Are you saying the ceiling is lower above the bath/shower?

I now want to renew these 5 lamps, so all being the same size and 240v GU daylight bulbs.
Is there any issues in using IP65 lamps in Zone 1
Not if the manufacturer states they are suitable - which 1P65 presumably is.

There is no zone 3 anymore; now called 'outside the zones' but is still exactly the same.

Sorry,

There 2 240v in the 'outside the zones' in the main ceiling, 2 12v lamps 30cm outside the shower cubicle where the ceiling is stepped down from the main ceiling and 1 12v lamp above the shower cubicle.

The main ceiling is 2.4m high, top of shower cubicle to main ceiling 350mm and top of shower cubicle on fixed side to stepped ceiling 90mm.

These lamps were fitted some 10 years ago. Although they may be outside certain zones as far as splash goes, but unsure of steam ingress with the lamps.

Sponsored Links
If I understand correctly, then four of the lights will be "outside the zones" being "more than 2.25m. from the finished floor level".

The other at [2.40m less 0.26m (0.35 - 0.09)] 2.14m means it is in zone 1.

Re: steam - that's when the manufacturer's instructions come into it - stating whether they are suitable for bathrooms and zone 1.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back