Rented property - no room thermostat

Sponsored Links
This install doesn’t have a room stat, but it should be reflected in the EPC score.

So if the tenant had been shown the EPC, and agreed to rent the property, then there is no problem.

I have seen so many properties without room stats.

Last edited:
Landlords are now required to have an EPC when letting a property.

How many are done that accurately to reflect no room stat is another matter.

When mine was done last year he did not even go into the loft.

Later this year properties to be rented are required to have a high EPC performance.

EPC is there for purpose. Being bit low efficiency is not a sound reason to ask a landlord to upgrade the system. I have seen so many cases that GRIs suggested new boilers to tenants while doing landlord safety checks.

Sponsored Links
It does not.

But it usually is.

And your point?
My point Tony is that if the boiler has a programmer or simple timer then it has a boiler interlock that conforms to part L nowhere does it say it needs a room thermostat, for someone who professes to be one of the top 100 engineers and quotes regulations left right and center I would have thought you would have known this

Tony, I have spoken to the boss of the said company. Be advised he was well annoyed with what you wrote. He has asked for your number

You have no power to force your landlord to comply with building regulations you have heating which is the requirement of the HHSRS and an EPC which will reflect the lack of thermostat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back