Reording computer audio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to record the computer audio stream (internet sounds etc) direct to my computers CD writer. All the things I've tried need me to record to hard drive first but this soon fills up. Any help? TIA

Sponsored Links
I am trying to record the computer audio stream (internet sounds etc) direct to my computers CD writer. All the things I've tried need me to record to hard drive first but this soon fills up. Any help? TIA

How big is the hard drive? what are you using to record it and what compression is it using?

Sponsored Links
There is no way to perform what you are trying to do. You HAVE to create a file on the computer before it can be written. What you are suggesting is like pressing "record" on a tape deck. You cannot write files to a CD while they are being streamed as the computer needs to know the exact size of the file for writing the index table, lead in/outs, etc.

This is the best free recording software I've found

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Record what you need to. Save it. Then burn.

Agree, audacity is a good utility for this, I have used this myself. I haven't got around to getting it working with Vista yet tho. How much hard disk space do you have free? This computer I am using (WinXP) has just over 7gb space left and audacity is showing 6hours remaining when recording using 44100hz stereo.

Thanks for the info. I have downloaded Audacity and its showing 136 hours available so that appears to solve the problem.

Back