reoving a rad (again)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is a silly question.

I want to remove a radiator but one of the nuts (on the right hand side of the radiator looking towards the wall) is a bit tight and I can't tell without putting quite a lot of pressure on (which I am reluctant to do) whether I am loosening the nut or tightening it.

Can anyone tell me what way I should be turning the spanner - towards the wall or towards the floor?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
With the handle of your spanner at the top, push it towards the wall, whilst holding the body of the valve with a pair of grips so as not to cause a leak in the nut olive pipe junction at the bottom.

Sponsored Links
here is a tip... the nut is at the radiatorside!so on the right you loosen the nut towards the wall and vice versa on the left(thats with the spanner at the northpole :LOL: ) dont forget to hold the valve in place with a pair of adjustables or u might end up with an insurance claim for a ruined carped ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back