How Much Water 1 Less Rad + How Tight Is Too Tight Radiator Nut?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I totally drained my system and looking to reconnect 6/7 radiators in my house (still decorating small bathroom with small rad) 1st pic is of my boiler. How much water should I let in via the loop with one less rad? ....... Before I put it in towards the top of blue, but when the system went on - it went well into the red, so assume I should put in less??

2nd question, when putting rads back on and screwing the nut, how tight is too tight/lose? Here is 4 pics of rad nuts I have just tightened by hand so far (know I have to tighten my spanner until tight). Is showing a little/like 1 ring of thread still OK?

Thanks!

IMG-20200706-135616.jpg

IMG-20200706-143404.jpg

IMG-20200706-135527.jpg

IMG-20200706-135535.jpg

Sponsored Links
Tight enough so they don't leak ;). Re- pressurise the boiler to no more than 1.5bar, should be shown on the right hand side of the display, then open one rad and valve at a time and check for leaks. That way if it leaks you only have that rad to deal with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back