repair a hole on the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son accidentally kicked the wall and left a small hole on the wall (plasterboard?) in the living room. A picture is attached. It is about 2-3 cm in diameter. Since I am not very good at DIY, what is the easiest way to repair it? Would POLYCELL MULTI PURPOSE FILLER do? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Image1.png

Sponsored Links
It would providing you can get a solid fill and the back of the hole stays in place. You may have to apply a few applications though.

Newby2, good evening.

Suggest you do NOT remove the remaining "bit" of plasterboard that has been shoved back, as the result of the inadvertent "Impact" the remaining bit of plasterboard shoved back will assist in keeping the the filler you choose from simply falling into the void between the Plasterboard and the wall [or whatever] behind the plasterboard.

The filler you propose should be OK.

I think that several, yes several applications of the filler will sort things out.

Fill smooth of with a thin spatula [or similar]

Sand of when the filler has gone hard [suggest next day from filling] BUT use a very, very fine grade of sandpaper + a "Sanding Block" that is a small generally rectangular bit of wood [anything that shape that you can hold will suffice]

Sanding should be firm but gentle, the use of the timber block will ensure that the repair is kept as "flat" as possible.

If you deem it a requirement a third session as above may be needed, slow and steady does it.

Finally, unfortunately the wall will need to be repainted [sorry about that]

Use a Matt emulsion, why? because on a wall, any sort of gloss, eggshell or similar will allow even the best repair shows up like a mountain on a plain.

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back