Repair brick to refit gate fixing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As you can see in the pic this should have been repaired a while ago!
This is the corner of the house and a timber has been bolted to the wall to hang a gate off. The hole is now quite large so what would be the best product to fill it and then be able to rehang the timber and gate? Or any other suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

188000_187603_65638_29092897_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi I had a similar problem with a gate post where the post was fixed into soft reds. I often find mechanical fixings seem to fail in these areas as they seem to get a lot of stresses from the gate slamming etc. I would get some metal studding and epoxy these into the wall allow to dry and bolt post on , you may need to recess the heads into the post but this is fairly easy using a spade bit. I have done this for a few customers where they had had problems before but no problems with this method so far.The main thing is to ensure the hole is really clean and dust free. Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back