Repair Conservatory Call

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Attached are some images of my conservatory doors.

As you can see, there is some degradation on the doors, they have started to rot.

I have thought about sanding this down, filling any holes, and repainting. Honest opinions - do you think this is salvageable and what is the best way of doing this?

Thanks,
Andy

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 135
Sponsored Links
I'm not sure how to go back and change the title now but I meant repair conservatory door not call :)

Certainly look salvageable. The marks appear to be surface degradation which may come out with a bit of sanding, and possibly a bit of filler for deep ones. The tread board may need to be cut/dug out a bit back to solid wood and replaced or filled with filler and sealed. Give it all a good sanding down and re-stain/varnish.
So long as the joints are still solid I don't see much of a problem.

It may be an idea to post this in the woodwork section where there may be some experts to advise you better than me. I'm a DIYer, not a carpenter.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back