Repair Cracked Limestone Hearth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

The hearth for our new Limestone fireplace was recently involved in an 'incident' :oops: in our garage in which it ended up getting cracked. When the pieces are tight together the crack is only visible when very close up, but i would like to permanently re-join the pieces together.

I've had a look round the web looking for advice regarding repair mortars/compounds and have found some products available in the US but can't seem to find any here in the UK.

Can anyone adsive the name/brand of a product to help me out? The best advice I have found to far is a clear epoxy resin mixed with limestone dust.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated!

Cheers
Wilbo

Sponsored Links
i know that limestone fireplaces (backplates) can come in sections (as opposed to 1 piece). they are then assembled on installation using a white cement/mortar.

i would try you local fire shops to get some of the cement. once the cement has gone off then the area can be "sanded" to improve the aesthetics albeit you will never be able to completely remove the crack.

i can advise on the sanding if you get to that point. It’s quite simple and produces good results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back