Repair laminate breakout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Schoolboy error i was drilling some holes in a black veneer built-in bookcase and got a large chip breakout where it shows badly. Dont have the chip for an easy fix sso i'm wondering..:

Is it likely/possible i could carefully use a holesaw to obtain a neat circular patch piece from the recessed area that wont be seen and apply to damaged area having drilled same circle over damaged area?

Or.. this being a prefabricated bookcase. Are the shelves likely screwed/glued/dowelled or might they only be screwed? If that were the case i could have the option of moving all the shelves down to cover the damaged area which is just under them at the moment?

Laminated chipboard btw.

Also wondering about the possibilities of some filler and black polish?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Filler and black wood stain or black paint , mask off area with tape to keep repair tiny.

Thanks.. but i fell on my sword anyway and put it down to experience. You won't be trusted after that and i learnt a valuable lesson.

If you use the same holesaw, the bit will be a bit to small!

Might be best to get a tube of matching Colourfill...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back