Repair mono bloc mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mono mixer on a bathroom basin. It is about 150mm tall, cylindrical and with one of those turn and tilt single-lever top. It has stopped mixing (hot only now) and is difficult to shut i.e. Takes some jiggling to stop the flow.

I am reluctant to buy a replacement because it will be difficult to refit because of how the basin is fitted. I'd like to see if I can replace some interior part. My first question is: how do I open it?

Thanks,
R

Sponsored Links
It possibly needs a new cartridge.
Here are the installation and maintenance instructions for a Bristan Java single lever monobloc basin mixer, which sounds similar to what you've got.

Sponsored Links
Have just looked again: nothing. The head can tilt back so it's not exactly like the one in the diagram, but no cap or grub screw. Maybe in the hole where the lever is screwed in. I'll try getting that out.

Thanks,
R

Have you tried just pulling it upwards? Might just be held on by friction or a rubber 'O' ring.

The head can tilt back so it's not exactly like the one in the diagram,
So does the Bristan Prism in the diagram.
The black version shows the angled rear of the cap which allows for said tilt.
Category_image_taps_contemp_m.jpg

View media item 40543

That looks very similar. I can't get the lever out despite trying with a pliers. I suppose I'll try lifting it up as you suggest. Obviously I'm worried that I will permanently wreck it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
R

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back