Repair of Bosch Angle grinder

Sponsored Links
Thank you for sharing the video. Mine is very similar but after watching this I think its beyond my capabilities and I might just buy a new one! Thanks again!

Looking at the vid, the brushes can be removed just after taking the rear cover off so not as complicated as the vid makes it look

Sponsored Links
Thank you for sharing the video. Mine is very similar but after watching this I think its beyond my capabilities and I might just buy a new one! Thanks again!
That video is a complete disassembly!
I'm sure replacing the brushes is pretty simple. I've done it on other appliances. After all, they are components that do wear out in time and therefore need periodic replacement.

Unscrew the cover and pull it back.
Using a small screwdriver lift off the spring thats on the brush and move it to the molding beside it.
Pull the wire spade connector off the tab then pull the brush out.

Fit the new brush into the hole, put the wire back onto the tab, put the spring back on the top of the brush.
Do the one on the other side.

Give the spindle that holds the disc a little turn to ensure its not jammed.

Refit the cover, refit the screw.
Test it.

Grind something.

Have ordered a set on Amazon, £5!

Lucky you. I just replaced the brushes on one of my Festool sanders- £17.

They have a sprung loaded plastic insert in one of the brushes that pops out when the brush wears out, thereby preventing the risk of the brush spring scratching the motor commutator. Annoyingly (having literally just swapped the brushes whilst having a pint in the pub 5 mins ago, the safety feature seems kick in when the brush has only worn away by 60%... The sander is 8(?) years old, at a guess, I could have probably used it at the same rate with the old brushes for another couple of years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back