Repair small area on driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've offered to help my neighbour tidy up her driveway. I've ordered a new drain cover but many years ago Thames Water did a drain repair and concreted near and around the inspection chamber. This is now in poor condition as vehicles drive over it regularly. She is saving up to have the whole drive renewed but just wants a quick cosmetic fix to last a year or two. Any recommendations for a mix that will do the job? It's a small area so something ready-mixed would be good. I know I'll need to cut out any loose stuff first. 20220526_071256.jpg20220526_071302.jpg

Sponsored Links
A couple of bags of ballast and a small sack of cement should be good enough for an effective (temporary) repair.

Hi

Quick-drying cement mixed with ballast and before it dries, use some of the old crushed drive bits over the new stuff to make it look like the old stuff.

A few years ago I made temp repairs to a bungalow we rent out to crazy paving where the cement, large bits of it had come loose and several slabs were moving - it was near the front where all of the cars enter and left. I did the repair at my own pace over two half days, the new people moved in a couple of days later and still good three years on - I crushed some of the old suff and put it on the top to match the old stuff.

Good luck

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back