Repair to bed frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would really appreciate some advice on repairing a bed frame. The frame consists of wooden legs (4, of course!), and metal frame which is bolted to each wooden leg.

Embedded in each leg are wood insert nuts, 2 or 3 of which have been ripped out of the leg, leaving a large hole.

Can anyone suggest a good way to re-embed these into the wooden legs in the same place, and secure them?

At the moment the 2 sides of the bed are being held in place only by the bolts from the wooden slats! I think I may start experiencing dreams where I'm falling in the very near future...!

Sponsored Links
a picture would be great even if its only the assembly instructions :rolleyes:

a picture would be great even if its only the assembly instructions :rolleyes:

Shopping list:
1 Bed
Meatballs.

:LOL:

Should probably just completely drill the holes through and use coach bolts for fixing them. Use stainless ones if you want it to look a bit posh.

Drill out hole right thru leg and insert longer bolts right thu[not pretty , but you didn't ask for pretty]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back