Repairing a flexible hose for a shower HW supply?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small leak from a flexible hose which takes the hotwater supply into the shower system. The hose connects to the column on the back of the shower system and then goes under the floor to the supply.

The leak appears to be coming from either where the braided hose is crimped to the fitting or the joint between the crimp and the fitting. The seal inside the fitting seams sound so it must be a fault in or around the crimp.

Is it possbile to cut the crimped fitting off and reattach the hose to another fitting, or even buy and crimp another fitting to the hose?

Replacing the braided hose is a massive task that will require the entire shower system to be moved to gain access to the other end of the hose so if possible I'd like to repair the hose.

Sponsored Links
Sorry but looks like you will have to replace the whole pipe as the crimped part cannot be repaired. Its difficult to visualise the way your shower is connected so will need some more details. Why is it not possible to get to main hot supply?

The shower unit is an enclosed cubicle with a shower column and controls for the shower on one side. The flexible hose connects to the base of the column on the side by the wall, the other end feeds under the floor and connects to the HW supply.

I can access the supply end as I have taken the ceiling away from below the bathroom. I can't easily get to the back of the shower column, not without pulling out the entire shower cubicle, a 3 man job due to the weight and levering required.

So I would prefer to fix the hose but if replacing it is the only option I'll have to do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back