Repairing bricks in oil/wood combo furnace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The lower level bricks in my firebox are cracking. The top level is ok and I had the rest of the furnace inspected for cracks. I use 80 percent oil and twenty percent wood. I haven't really explored how I would get them out, but ordering replacements from the furnace company would be hundreds because of the extreme shipping weight. Money's tight and I came across this product. What do you think?

You're looking at ashes at the base, not crumbling masonry.

http://alamomasonryrepair.com/Products/FireBoxRepairKit.htm

Here's my box

4751696381_c4bae95a18_z.jpg

Sponsored Links
$75 seems a lot to pay for a tub of Fire Cement and some basic tools!!!
I'd have a look in your local builders merchant (shed in US Speak!)

Looking at the Combustion lining in your furnace, I don't think that a patch job would be very sucessful, those linings look pretty shot

I would advise replacement of the combustion linings. ;)

$75 seems a lot to pay for a tub of Fire Cement and some basic tools!!!
I'd have a look in your local builders merchant (shed in US Speak!)

Looking at the Combustion lining in your furnace, I don't think that a patch job would be very sucessful, those linings look pretty shot

I would advise replacement of the combustion linings. ;)

I dont know what a shed is :D

but your advice is well taken. Thanks Boiler.

A "shed" might be a DIY hardware store!

We are in Tony Blair's England where the queen lives here in london.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Home Depot = Shed . Tho` probably Buck House ( Buckingham Palace ) would fit inside one of your Home Depots ;)

Here's my box

[]
You can`t say that over here :eek: , Neither can you mention **** :oops: F-a- n- n-y even if it is a Girl`s name :rolleyes:

And to make it worse... large chain stores stores like Home Depot, because of their plain rectangular appearance, are referred to as "box stores". ;)

Subtle differences I guess, like when you guys come over here and point with your middle fingers :D

Again, thanks for the help.

Here's my box

[]
You can`t say that over here :eek: , Neither can you mention **** :oops: F-a- n- n-y even if it is a Girl`s name :rolleyes:

And to make it worse... large chain stores stores like Home Depot, because of their plain rectangular appearance, are referred to as "box stores". ;)

Subtle differences I guess, like when you guys come over here and point with your middle fingers :D

Again, thanks for the help.

To pointing is deliberate, we use a different finger back home, true story.

Here's my box

[]

A proper Englishman always uses two fingers to form a 'V'. As in a Churchill gesture, but other way around. Goes back to the battle of Agincourt.

The single middle finger gesture is reserved for hooligans to remind themselves of the number of brain cells that they posess!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back