Repairing Ceramic gully drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum has ceramic gully that sits in a rubber/plastic pipe. The fit is tight so no sealant. It has been cracked for a while and obviously leaking. It is broken in 3 pieces but as you can see it can be put together with no holes (the pic looks like a large hole but it's a bit of paper) The water underneath is because of the rainfall we are having currently. I have removed all the soil and put stones to hold together for now. Also the plumber botched the plastic outflow pipes hence the stone to stop it falling off the joint where it comes out the brickwork

Can this be mended with say some of that 2 part putty like Sylglas that sets like stone and is waterproof ?
Drain.jpg
[/URL]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ok, I see. I think it is a trap as the water always stays the same level

It's a Hepsleve gulley top - from a builders merchant - just pull old one up and push new one in, with a bit of fairy liquid round the end (y)

Fair enough catlad, I thought they weren't.:unsure: haven't done one.

To make the plastic one fit properly would would need to change the plastic collar from clay-clay to a clay-plastic.

Easiest would be a direct replacement with another clay one. As Nige say, lubricate the tip and it will slide straight in --->O

Nige maybe its my eyes, I thought it was clay into plastic.
OP why not remove the broken clay and measure the hole if its plastic
you should be able to fit a new plastic one.

The price is rediculous!!!!

https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/Hep...-Rect-Hopper-and-PP-Grid-100mm-SH3-1/p/711556

Get the plastic one and one of these to join them:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192029793616

Flexible Adaptor AC4000 4" 100mm Coupling Underground Drainage Clay to Plastic

Thanks Ian, that will do the job I think. I found that there was a rubber connector to seal the two pieces of clay together which were both exactly the same width. So as you say I need the adapter to join them (the image shows the new plastic grid which of course is too small to fit the rubber seal.

I appreciate all advice here thanks.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back