Repairing conceret cill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1882 victorian double bay and the concrete cills have perished / cracked off, i would gues the best to repair would be to remove the leading edge and reform. Any sugesstions on how i connect the new concrete to the existing, i.e do i drill pins / rebar or will the existing concrete cill have enough key.

Sponsored Links
the problem with any repair like yours is preventing water getting into the join.

it would be wise to drill and pin first, maybe using some galvanized 6inch nails. you would probably have to resin anchor these in place.

providing a good key between the two surfaces is essential.
make sure the surface to be bonded is clean and give it a good wetting before applying any concrete material.

small granular material will work best probably granite chippings, sharp sand and plenty of cement. keeping it damp as it cures will also help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back