repairing concrete path that has small stone chippings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a concrete path that i have to repair that is about 40 years old,it looks like a concrete the with a small stone chippings mixed in ,how do i go about getting the same finish,thanks.

Sponsored Links
There's at least two ways these paths are made - sprinkle and brushed.

In the first, a normal concrete path is made, but left a little sloppy. The stones are sprinkled over.

In the second, the stones are the ballast in the concrete and once half-set, the top is brushed off with a wet brush to reveal the stones.

Either way it was made, repairing it will be tricky and you may not ever match in completely.

Unfortunately, you haven't mentioned how the path is damaged or included any pics, so I can't advise you on how to repair. If it's more than a crack you'll need to source matching stones.

Crack, hole, stone erosion, half of it's disappeared down a mineshaft - what?

Thanks,its about 4 metres long by about 2 metres,tha path has sunk and cracked,i think the mix in the ballast is what i need then brush off ,what would be the ratio ,how long do i leave it before brushing it with a brush thanks again.

Sponsored Links
In the second, the stones are the ballast in the concrete and once half-set, the top is brushed off with a wet brush to reveal the stones.

I use a scrubing brush wilth a hose very lightly spraying over the concrete so I can see how I am getting on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back