Repairing gap left by picture rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm renovating a room in my house. It had a picture rail, which I removed. But now I find the bottom section of the wall is out of alignment with the top by a few mm. I've had a plasterer come in for a quote, and he tells me in order to do a perfect job, he's going to have to apply filler to the area, and then skim the entire wall and not just the the bit in the vicinity of the problem. Is this the only way to get a perfect finish?

Sponsored Links
well it depends on whether you are getting your hands dirty,
as using a very wide filling knife/trowel you could do this yourself and feather the problem,it wont just be the 2 inches of the removed picture rail but something like 10 inches???

perfect job would be to skim the lot yes but i suspect you don't need this amount of work, i'd have the area from the bottom of the picture rail to the ceiling bonded out level and then skimmed and feathered into the existing, or easilfilled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back