Repairing Hole in Soil Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased a house on starting work plumbing in for dish washer all kitchen appliances drain into soil pipe (which is on the inside of the back wall). Who ever did it made a hole in the soil pipe and inserted a old boss by the look of it, but they made the hole too big and so taped up the boss with some black stuff which is all peeling off and so leaking.

I want to sort it out properly, can a peice of new plastic cut from a new soil pipe be glued over the hole using solvent and sealed with silicon round the edges and a new proper sized hole and boss fitted?

Sponsored Links
What's the pipe made of and how big is the hole?

How about buying a straight connector, knocking out the stops (as you would if you wanted to make it a slip coupling), cutting it up and using a part of that?

Sponsored Links
I managed to find a strap on boss in wickes which had a large enough back plate to cover the hole and so I used this with solvent to see round the boss and it doesn't leak now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back