Repairing settlement crack in render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It has been a few weeks since i removed the props supporting the back of the house and the SE told me that any movement would be visible within 2 weeks. Only 1 crack seems to have appeared it drops from the corner of a window opening down to the steel below and is about 2mm thick. It is cracked all the way through the wall.

What is the best thing to do here? Is there some sort of resin that can be used to infill the crack before painting?

Sponsored Links
I’ve had some success by stuffing as much exterior flexible filler in as poss, cleaning off any excess and stippling it a bit with a brush/sponge to try and match the texture. Almost impossible to get it invisible tho.
Ps that’s for sand and cement render, silicone/mono type might be a bit more forgiving as it’s a rougher finish

Thanks. It's pebble dash so I think it won't show that badly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back