Replace a 2D CFL bath light with an LED one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the attached 2D CFL 4pin bathroom light which works using a start switch.

Can I replace the CFL version with an LED version as a straight swap?

I've seen the following on toolstation https://www.fernhoward.com/downloads/temp/2D LED Lamp datasheet Issue 3.pdf but unsure if its compatible with a bulkhead that uses a start switch. The description say "Compatible with most High Frequency 2D bulkheads, including EM" but I'm not sure what I've got.

Can anyone tell from the pic attached?

I've emailed the Fernhoward company for details in meantime

Also when accessing the bulb the plastic cover on the round chrome holder fixed to the ceiling just dropped off and a bit flimsy to refit. Is this how the cover is suppose to come off these fitting or is the whole chrome holder suppose to come off to access the bulb?

Attachments

• 20210212_073002.jpg
    20210212_073002.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 169
Sponsored Links
How can I tell if my existing fitting has an electronic ballast or magnetic ballast? On the Fernhoward brochure it says "Compatible with most High Frequency 2D bulkheads, including EM". What does EM stand for, does it mean Electromagnetic and is that the same as being a magnetic ballast?

This is the details on the ballast

Attachments

• 20210213_152323.jpg
    20210213_152323.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back