Replace a thermocouple on a stoves richmond mini range cooke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just ordered a new thermocouple for my stoves richmond mini range cooker because the smallest hob ring won't stay lit. I cannot find any instructions on how to dismantle the hob to get to the thermocouple, can anyone help with instructions please.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply, believe it or not I asked British gas to come and give me a quote to fit a new thermomcouple and the engineer that they sent said he did not know how to strip the cooker down, so not quote given. I could not believe it

[/quote]
mistyscamp";p="3051709 said:
Thanks for the quick reply, believe it or not I asked British gas to come and give me a quote to fit a new thermomcouple and the engineer that they sent said he did not know how to strip the cooker down, so not quote given. I could not believe it
That is because, for many years, BG lads have only been taught specific work areas, as opposed to "old style" gas service engineers who were trained and worked on the complete domestic scene.

Look at :

http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/help/find_a_registered_business.aspx

You will find a search facility, but when you phone, be prepared to supply details of appliance - and don't just book a "service"!

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks for that I will have a look now and see if I can get anyone to fit the new thermocouple. Thanks for the help

Because you push the gas knob in and then press the ignition switch and it should stay lit but it goes out when you let go of the gas knob and this is the diagnosis that the British gas engineer gave

That is most likely but could also be something else.

Unfortunately dismantling those cookers can be quite involved and time consuming.

One of mine has two failed heat controllers and I keep putting off fixing them!

Tony

Yeh I know what you mean this hob has not worked for some time now and we just kept putting it off but now we are determined to get it sorted. We ordered a new thermomcouple and are waiting for delivery before contacting a gas safety engineer to get a quote to fix it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back