How do thermocouples work?

mehran said:
teetering-on-the-edge said:
Im only asking how it works.
If it 13 to 30 millivolts between the inner and the outer just say so.
I will understand. If everbody has to do a course when they want to know how something works, whats the point of a forum?
I would love to do a gas course, plumping course, plastering course, cookery course but unfortunately I'm employed. Yep I would gladly leave it somebody else, but Im tired of being ripped off.
Dave

when you are paying someone you are paying them to know stuff like this, all knowledge has a price.

a thermocouple is a safety device, in my view as it is involved in the safe burning of gas should not be messed around.

i don't begrudge you trying to save money but just a corgi engineer which is competent in cookers.

then why don't you pee off put your proper place that you are in
oh btw buy an analyser THEN learn how to use it

Sponsored Links
Thanks Sam.
Much appreciated.
It looks like the hob valve (thermocoupled one) is part of a manifold with the four ring valves. Begining to look v. expensive!
I can see why the cooker was thrown out now.
Dave

kevplumb said:

...err i already have an analyer btw

i was only trying to give a little advise mate, advise that have been echoed by other on this forum

Sponsored Links
mehran said:
kevplumb said:

...err i already have an analyer btw

i was only trying to give a little advise mate, advise that have been echoed by other on this forum

then the best advice i can give to you is learn how to use it

you are not my mate

you are a flaming plank that just keeps dragging this industry down to where we have let it go

i can't post on the other forum ask the comm or the chairman or the sec why

one will await your reply :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back