Replace boiler when replacing the rest of the central heating system?

T

teaboyjim

Is it recommended to get a new combi boiler when replacing and installing a new central heating system with new rads and piping?
The boiler is a Baxi 105e combi boiler which is between 12 - 20 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
This would be replaced with a combi boiler. Is there anything that the older boiler could contaminate the new system with and damage it or reduce is longevity?

Sponsored Links
How big is your house Jim
It's a 4 bedroomed mid terraced with two living rooms and a 200 ft2 kitchen with 4 various WC's - I've made the decision to go for new central heating system I just couldn't quite get a clear understanding if there's a risk to marrying it up with an older boiler.

Where is the boiler how far are the outlets from the boiler

The combi boiler is on the landing in a wooden cupboard - am not sure what is meant by "outlets"

Shower rooms
Ah so there's two showers in the house - one is going to be upstairs within about 5 x feet of the location of the combi and the other is downstairs at the back of the house behind the kitchen

If you stick with a combi I would have one Electric shower, as back up hot water if the boiler one day packs up.

On the other hand I wouldn't put a combi in a 4 bed house with two showers. Is there a bathroom?

The old boiler will not sludge up the new system, although it would be wise to wash out the heat exchanger with clean water once it is disconnected.

If you stick with a combi I would have one Electric shower, as back up hot water if the boiler one day packs up. On the other hand I wouldn't put a combi in a 4 bed house with two showers. Is there a bathroom?
So there's one shower room and loo upstairs and just the shower downstairs so no bathroom

I like Combination boilers. Bit if you have lots of room I'd have a system boiler and unvented cylinder with Secondary return hot water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back