Replace British Gas UP2 Programmer with Nest 3rd Gen

Sponsored Links
It's in the first post, patterton precision. I'm also on my phone as my PC isn't connected yet, like I said just moved in, builders still working on the house. House is a bomb site.

Sponsored Links
And yes 100% that's the case. Water tank in the roof feeding hw tank for hot water. Combi does all the heating. The programmer at the moment works, I just world like to you use a nest to save money and rebirth management. Also like said on my phone so I post and as you guys post so quick I only see replies after.

Do you really think you should be doing this when you don't know your boiler and can't read simple wiring diagrams?

Jon

And yes 100% that's the case. Water tank in the roof feeding hw tank for hot water. Combi does all the heating. The programmer at the moment works, I just world like to you use a nest to save money and rebirth management. Also like said on my phone so I post and as you guys post so quick I only see replies after.

NO you don't have a combi!!

Sorry the terminology I'm using is incorrect, it's not a combi as in heading and hot water. in my case it does the heating.

@freddo Don't worry I'm just going to answer the original question so I can have an early night.

What do you charge nowadays Freddo? I remember when you used to be 10p! :LOL:

OP....Link L,2,5 in the heatlink. If it goes bang it's not my fault. Again you can thank me later.

Jon

The issue I have is the up2 has two calls, one for HW and the other CH and they seem to share a common. See picture 1.
Yes it's built into the old programmer, see the programmer wiring diagram.
The Nest though seems to need commons, one for the HW and CH, in not sure what to do about this now. Can I split the common for the Nest, only connect one common and the Nest internally will share the common
There is no common to split, the commons were internal to your old programmer
or would i need to add an addtional cable from the boiler?
NO! You connect it as shown in the Nest wiring diagram.

Last edited:
Nice to see the OP joins in his own thread! Get a bit of info and then do one! All this grief to save £100 and have a nice safe, tidy install. If i'd have started fitting it when he first posted I'd be home by now and he'd be warm!!

Jon

Actually I'm stood in the corridor at my boy's Saturday school oggling all the sexy Japanese mums. (y)

I'm like a pig in poop.

Anyway..... For the sake of continuity
triple_facepalm_by_spottedheart98464-d3kuyp3.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back