Replace CM61NG+HC60NG with Nest + weird boiler problem?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Got the Nest installed today. Had to do a little bit of fiddling around but got there in the end.

Not overly happy with having it on the wall with the wire running down the wall but not much I can do about that.

Dont like the stand much and havent got the 12v supply. Dont suppose itd be too hard to wire up but thats a job for another day!

@jackthom - Thanks for the help with the boiler issue. Looks like it could be a pain to fix.

Am I right in thinking Id need to wire a permanent live from somewhere (where?) to the boiler and then move the switched live over to terminal 4 (assuming this is the orange wire that runs back up to the ZV's? These all group together into terminal blocks in the airing cupboard.

Have I got this right? The output of the ZV switch (orange wire) becomes live when the motor operates, which at present in my broken system, is the switched live in my boiler...?

However it should go to terminal 4, which is actually the switched live?

Sponsored Links
The boiler mains supply cable is probably fed from the wiring centre where there should be a permanent live easily available. If you can post a picture of the inside of that wiring centre/junction box I'm sure someone will help.

You will need to run a new Switched Live wire which should connect to the boiler terminal 4. That will also come from the wiring centre and as you say is the output from the zone valve switch (orange wire).

Ill get a pic tomorrow.

Its basically just 2 two-gang blanking plates. Behind those is a spaghetti mess of wires and little junction blocks.

Kinda guessed that wasnt done properly either but does a job..?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back