Installation Help For Hive From A Honeywell CM61NG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing a self install of Hive from our current thermostat which is a Honeywell CM61NG.

Currently the wires are connected from the boiler into the transmitter and i need to swap that with the Hive transmitter. The Live and Neutral are self explanatory, however there is a wire connected to A and one to B. There is also a neutral wire which is just sealed off and tucked behind.
Am i right in thinking the wire going to A will go to Hive common (1) and B will go to Hive Heating on (3)

Also, i want to change the cable and make it longer so i can move the transmitter into the house. What type of cable do i require?

Attachments

• Hive single.jpg
    Hive single.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_7351.jpg
    IMG_7351.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 384
Sponsored Links
That sounds good to me.

Blue wire in Honeywell N= Hive (N)
Red wire in Honeywell L = LHive (L)
Black wire in Honeywell A = Hive Common (1)
Yellow wire in Honeywell B = Hive Heating On (3)

i want to change the cable and make it longer so i can move the transmitter into the house.

Is that what you mean? The Hive thermostat "transmitter" is wireless and is battery powered. It's the "receiver" that the wires are connected to.

The cable that you have looks fine, so use the same. I usually use 1mm2. Wiring regulations state that junction boxes need to be accessible, so you might have to move the existing wires to a discreet location to mount the junction box unless you are happy to have it on the wall where the thermostat was.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back