Replace cracked solvent weld bend without replacing connecting pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A 40mm plastic waste pipe coming out of my kitchen wall is solvent welded in. The bend is cracked just by the wall so it needs replacing as does the pipe running into the new waste.

Is it possible to mechanically remove the bend if I am careful leaving the pipe intact? Or is this going to leave the pipe worthless (unable to chemically weld or add push-fit replacement bend)?

Alternatively, perhaps there is an alternative glue to fit the new bend to the old pipe?

Sponsored Links
It can be done with great care and a heat gun but the easiest way is to cut the pipe inside, use a straight connector and replace it all from there to your "new waste" whatever that is.

It can be done with great care and a heat gun but the easiest way is to cut the pipe inside, use a straight connector and replace it all from there to your "new waste" whatever that is.

Thanks just pumps, what the best way (cheap tool to use) to cut pipe to get a decent connection, space is very limited?

Also just checking is there any reason why I couldn't use a compression fitting rather than weld?

Sponsored Links
Thanks just pumps, what the best way (cheap tool to use) to cut pipe to get a decent connection, space is very limited?

Also just checking is there any reason why I couldn't use a compression fitting rather than weld?
A simple hacksaw in the right hands will give a straight cut and as long as the waste water isnt pressurised (pumped) then compression fittings can be used if need be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back