Replace decrepit garage with garden room inc store room

As embarrassing as it is this project is still ongoing. inside is being plaster boarded at present. Kind of thought the post n beam motorcycle shed was going for some long term record but its got a bit of competition with my project shed.

Anyway roof sustained some damage in the storms. I had left the gutter trim off with intentions when I did the gutter I would fit. This hasn't happened so the storm got under the membrane and started to debond the glue. A bit of luck was I was looking at the roof from our upstairs velux window when it started so managed to get timbers along the edge to weigh down. Not good being up a ladder in that gaie. My work just 2 miles away recorded a gust of 98mph at one point ( I thankfully was not on the roof at this point ) Further damage two small cuts in the membrane possibly from flying roof slate have now been repaired.

Left a gap in the stud wall to assist in accessing the rear store room. The decking round the back to the garden store room door has also not been completed.

Trampoline also got damaged

Oops these pics seem to have an orientation of their own. Hopefully no one has an old PC with monitor then its a headstand for the last one.

Sponsored Links
3 months since last up date and a year since I started! Homes have been built faster.

With the weather improving and dark nights going plus a bit of enthusiasm from the rate the below garden office is going I thought I better get on.

//www.diynot.com/forums/your-p...uild-thread-start-to-finish-with-pics.383745/

Plasterboard finished and tape and filled joints. Couple of areas will probably require future sanding. painted with Vinyl matt to reduce sight of imperfections. Coving was a nightmare using B&Q Diall lightweight cove adhesive. Had to remove and bin as it did not set.
Carpet tiles down and skirting. Painting to be done then its facings round door & windows. Finish decking, fencing & guttering.

Then its finish off the hidden store room round the back.

Glad to see an update on this and to hear that my thread gave you a bit of motivation to crack on with yours.

Yours is looking like a quality contemporary garden room- love the versapanels and the corner window.

I would have loved to do something contemporary like the corner window on my build- but budget couldn't stretch to that! 2nd hand Ebay patio door for me!

What did you end up using for the skirting- pins and adhesive?

I'm off now to do final coat on walls and ceiling on mine now.

As I am under strict time limits before the wife cracks under the strain of 3 kids 5, 3 & 1 year old tearing the place apart. I borrowed a finishing gun and rattled it. Ran a bead of decorators caulk round it while being shouted at to come and give a hand.

:rolleyes:

It was cheap n cheerful white MDF stuff from b&Q.

Sponsored Links
Another update on the never ending shed.

Inside finished and before I could think what I was putting in the squatters took up residence.

Got on in traditional Easter fashion of erecting fencing and the last bit of decking round the back to the store room.

Found these triangle block things at B & Q for building decking off. Thought it worth a try but a concrete block would be just as good and cheaper.

No longer a obstacle course reaching the rear store door. Decking complete.

I don't make my kids wear a safety helmet on the decking in case anyone thinks so. Made a play area to side with bark and left over decking lengths
for edging.

You need to kick those squatters out double-quick before they take up permanent residence and acquire legal rights over the property!

Looks really good, job well done. Hope you can now sit back and enjoy your corner window.

Well, luckily enough, my wiring has been the subject of a lot of scrutiny, so I'm now quite confident it all works. I do sleep more soundly at night, now.

Looking back on your thread, I can see that you had handled your mandatory remote electrical inspection a lot better than I did and your thread's a lot more.......... build-focussed than mine is now.

You live and learn!

Joking aside, though, when's your next project starting?

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back