Replace Elvox Intercom Handset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've inherited one of these in my new flat.

It's situated 5 feet from the front door and unfortunately has 100 feet of cable wrapped up nearby.

The hookswitch isn't working reliably.

I want to shorten the cable and if possible replace the handset.

Is this a DIY task or do I need to isolate the intercom system before working on it?

Thanks for your assistance :D

Sponsored Links
That's a raytel system,does it buzz when it is called or give an electronic call ? as you can get a replacement white handset but should need to know what system it was.

Sounds like a fuse isolate system ! So you will have to be carefull if you shorten the cable , not sure if they do a replacement for the fuse isolate systems, best bet is carefully remove the front of the handset take a picture of the connections , snip off one by one but leave a bit of cable under each screw so you know where the cables came from

Sponsored Links
Google raytel security it's up in Scotland you can buy from them plus you will get the correct handset !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back