Replace hive (CH & HW) with mini Combi version

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My Hive has packed up, we currently have our old version which controlled the CH & HW but we have had a new combi boiler fitted it was working just using it for the CH but has since failed. I have bought a new setup, hub, mini and receiver combi version.

Looking at the receiver bracket it looks the same but the wiring will need changing slightly I understand, the receiver can be isolated via a fuse spare. Does anybody know the changes I need to make please?

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Hive and Wiser single channel have volt free contacts, and the twin and triple channel has 230 volt contacts so if you have a link wire L to 1 than yes you can use the twin version, if not then no it is likely the boiler control is 24 volt and you will damage the boiler.

If you still have the dual channel and have bought a single channel version then there’s a bit of a change. Is the receiver next to the boiler? What model boiler?

Can you show us a picture of the wiring of your existing backplate?
You will probably have to move the wire in terminal 4 to terminal 3 and add a short link wire between L and terminal 1.
But a photo should confirm.

Hive and Wiser single channel have volt free contacts, and the twin and triple channel has 230 volt contacts so if you have a link wire L to 1 than yes you can use the twin version, if not then no it is likely the boiler control is 24 volt and you will damage the boiler.
The existing stat is a dual channel Hive.
The OP wishes to change the stat to a single channel one, now the hot water controls are obsolete, after the installation of the combi.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your replies, I have decided to get a sparky in and not risk it.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back