Replace Honeywell T6360 with remote simple thermostat for elderly

Sure I have seen that picture before, seems odd 4 wires used, not seen the N/C contact used with wall thermostats, with tank thermostats yes, but not wall, and of course naughty using the green/yellow for anything but earth.

I would want to find other end of cable.

As to thermostat on table next to chair did that with mother, but used a cheap thermostat which lost RF link in the end. However odd as it seems on a tea trolley 3 foot from radiator worked well. But on side board 90° from radiator failed with a massive hysteresis, so position in relation to radiator very important.

I moved to programmable TRV heads in the end.

This house I use Nest, not perfect mainly due to location, but so easy to use, big dial, big display, and it learns what you want, bit late now, you already have one, but for the elderly it is so simple, and you can if you both have internet check all is OK from your home.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your comments.The other end of the cable at the controller is described above.
This project is looking much more complex than I expected!

So it's looking like I should discard the existing manual thermostat and cable, and wire the Honeywell wireless receiver in next to the controller?

Sponsored Links
So it's looking like I should discard the existing manual thermostat and cable, and wire the Honeywell wireless receiver in next to the controller?
Yes this would be better, and you can co-ordinate the appropriate colours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back