Replace LP722 H/W , Heating control with Internet enabled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks

I have a 4 bedsits in a house that has a central H/W / Heating which is included in the tenants rent.

Each bedsit has there own thermostat.
At the moment the Heating is on a timer (long hours)
Which works fine most of the time.

However sometimes we need to go around and change the times.
We do not live that far away but will be moving further away shortly so would be nice to be able to change the times remotely.

The current controller is a LP722

Is it possible to change this for a controller that can be accessed via the house broadband ?

Note I do not want to touch the bedsits thermostats.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
why have you got to change the times for ??? if they are paying the rent why are you interfering with the times for ?, isn't it up to them ???

There is always one Troll around to help you out !

The Rent includes Gas and Electric.
The lease has a fair usage policy
i.e They should not leave lights on all the time and the heating should not be on 24 X 7
Of course some people do abuse this so have to try and limit the hours e.g heating goes off at 01:00 and back on again at 05:00

It would be nice to be able to change this remotely.
i.e if we get a cold snap can turn the heating on 24 X 7 without having to visit the property.

Thanks for your technical input , very helpful.

Greetings everyone, my first post.

I came here for the same advice. Would like to replace my LP722 with something I can program and control using an app or web page.

Please note: I want one for the property that I own and live in!

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Sorry that you have had negative comments, I have a customer that has a HMO and I installed this for him, you can monitor everything from your phone and you can lock it so the tenants can not over-ride the settings , you can view everything in real time

Greetings everyone, my first post.

I came here for the same advice. Would like to replace my LP722 with something I can program and control using an app or web page.

Please note: I want one for the property that I own and live in!

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Greetings,

Ideally you should have started your own post/thread as you’ve hijacker’s an old one, that’s a different situation to yours. It’s also against site rules and for good reason. Which might be why @ianmcd has answered how he has?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back