23 Jul 2022
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm installing a new toilet in upstairs bathroom, trying to connect the pan to the soil pipe and it looks like the soil pipe is cracking (it's probably 30+ years old at least). It's solvent welded in place, how best can I remove and replace? Thanks


  • 20220828_171001.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
You'll probably have to remove a section of the vertical soil pipe on the outside wall and replace complete with the new tee fitted ready for the toilet. It might be worth trying to fit the new toilet on the existing waste, nothing will be lost if it works, if it does crack just tape a plastic bag over the end to keep out the sewer gases, and get a plumber in.

I'll give it a go its still the cast iron external soil pipe so don't fancy getting that changed!
That cracked part is a pan connector extension going into the cast iron that's level with the tiles. The sheds have them
  • Like
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Yep, as per @Nige F - it’s an extension piece, Center brand to be precise. It’s not solvent welded, might be tight with silicone/tiles, should pull out and can be replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local