replace tile in shower cubicle! help

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have successfully removed 2 tiles 35cmx25cm in the shower area.This removal was necessary as the shower seat was passing water to the bedroom wall. kindly advise what adhesive and tile grout should i use or can i use tile adhesive and grout into one? If possible advise make and size.
thanking in advance.

Sponsored Links
What's the wall made of? You need to acrylic prime plaster/plasterboard before using a cement based adhesive to avoid the risk of reaction between the cement & gypsum in the plaster/plasterboard.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
The wall had crumbled wet plaster which i have removed and i intended to cement the area and then will apply bal adhesive rapidset and microflex grout as suggested by
prenticeboyofderry so i understand that if it is cement based then no need for acrylic!
thanks guys

Sponsored Links
The wall had crumbled wet plaster which i have removed and i intended to cement the area and then will apply bal adhesive as suggested by
prenticeboyofderry so i understand that if it is cement based then no need for acrylic!
thanks guys
Don’t use conventional cement render, you will need to wait for it to fully cure before tiling (which can be up to 28 days) or you will create more problems. Let the area dry out thoroughly (2 weeks at least but could take longer), fill out to the tile base level with a quickset render or BAL powder cement based adhesive & then tile over that.

In all honesty, I suspect there is far more damage than you can currently see. If the plaster was mush under the tiles you removed, it’s probably gone further than you would imagine under the rest of the surrounding tiles & you may have further problems unless you pull those off, have a look & make any further necessary repairs. If you tile over existing damp, it won't be long before it rears it's ugly head again.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
Karis! thanky you very much for the quality advised! will do as suggested and i understand about the problem re appering1 thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back